1. make your goal specific and measurable
2. have a plan
3. have a backup plan
4. have a backup to your backup plan
5. state your goal out loud and ask friends to keep you accountable
6. have a clear picture of the benefits of reaching your goal
7. look for the obstacles before you start
Losing weight, quitting smoking, getting a promotion... these are all attainable resolutions. And at the same time, they take hard work and commitment. If you really want to make a change, make it a priority and ask for help if you need it.